Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Edward Bear

Over the Summer I had read Winnie the Pooh and the House at Pooh Corner to the kids at snack and lunchtime in the Summer program I was working for.

My Grandmother Herholz had gotten my brother, sister and myself copies of both Winnie the Pooh books as well as the book of poems AA Milne had written. But I was never a big reader in my younger days so I never really had the patience to sit down and read the books myself.

So, here I am at 32 years of age reading these children's stories for the very first time. And I loved them!!

I had bought my niece copies of the books as well for Mummy and Daddy to read to her at bedtime. So, I thought for this particular Christmas I would do a couple of Winnie the Pooh illustrations for her. I had this pack of Winsor Newton color inks I've been itching to use since last Christmas.

The first one of Christopher Robin and all his friends I did entirely in Windsor Newton Black India Ink and color ink. It comes off looking too blotchy on the scan, but it looks much more satisfying in the frame.

The second one of Pooh meeting Tigger for the first time was done in Deleter #3 Black Ink and Glauche. Again, it didn't scan terribly good but it looks very good behind the frame.

No comments: