Wednesday, September 29, 2010

24 Hour Comic Challenge


I tried to take part in it the last couple of years 24 Hour Comic Book Challenge at the venerable Worcester Art Museum but I somehow manage to get sick those days. Last year I was able to at least do a five hour challenge. But still. It's not nearly as monumental as the 24 Hour deal.

This year I'm going to do it!! Our senior comic art teacher Andy Fish is getting married and will be enjoying a much deserved honeymoon (and rest) in Japan with his lovely soon-to-be wife, fellow WAM instructor and long time artistic collaborator Veronica Hebard. So being the next in line as far as comic art teachers with seniority (I've been a the Museum since 2003) Jamie Buckmaster and myself will be representing in place of Andy for this year's 24 Hour Comic Book Challenge.

I should mention Andy is not leaving us permanently. The torch HAS NOT been passed, mind you. We're just borrowing it for the weekend ;-)

I have all my bristol board ready as well as my pencils, pens and ink!! I even dug out a script of a story I've been meaning to do for a while. So, hopefully this will either mean I have a new comic to submit to Alterna by Monday morning. Or it will at least be halfway done by Sunday afternoon.

The event will be running from 3pm Saturday afternoon and it will run until 3pm Sunday afternoon.

But with that said, there's still spaces available!! So, sign up today and feel free to pass along the flier above to anyone you think would be interested in taking part in this event!! Hope to see you all there!!

Click on the link below for more information:

2 comments:

Alison Undercover said...

GO BRETT GO! :D

Bret M. Herholz said...

I shall do my best this year!! I've got everything packed and prepared. I just need to get some extra in on Saturday morning ;-)