Friday, September 3, 2010

I survived the Donut Burger


There are some things I only try once in my life. Scientific research. Morbid curiosity. Call it what you will. But I decided to finally bite the bullet and try the Donut Burger at Muncheez. Which was featured on the Phantom Gourmet.

I suppose what finally made me do it was an episode of Man Vs. Food where Adam Richman is going to some of the minor league ballparks and one of them is serving the Donut Burger. Which Adam seemed to really dig and referred to being "Insanely delicious".

However, this Donut Burger is a Krispy Kreme donut sliced in half with a bacon cheeseburger in between the two slices. Which is what I was expecting when I placed my order. HOWEVER!! Little did I know that I would be getting served what you see in the picture above. Same idea as the Man Vs. Food one in theory. But this monstrosity is a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings between two WHOLE donuts.

Did I eat it? YES! I ate the entire bugger!! AND I have witnesses who I am certain have been scarred for life by what they saw.

Was it good? Strangely enough, yes! It was actually really tasty!! As a matter of fact it was exactly how Adam Richman described his experience eating the Donut Burger. Insanely delicious.

Would I do it again? HELL NO!!

I think if I were to ever have another one, and knowing my family history with heart attacks, I would probably die on the spot. That's pretty much the way I felt a short time after I finished. I think I was still sweating powdered sugar hours after I finished.

Thankfully, I have a full day of yard work tomorrow to work off said Donut Burger. But with that said I'm glad I finally got a chance to try it and see what the fuss was all about.

Now I'm going to bed for a night of strange dreams most likely created by the Donut Burger.

5 comments:

Alison Undercover said...

I eat one every day as a breakfast sandwich.

Andy Fish said...

I'm getting chest pains just looking at the picture.

Bret M. Herholz said...

I'm just surprised I didn't have the Grim Reaper knocking at my door taking my measurements this morning!!

Do you have it with an egg for your breakfast sandwich, Alison ;-)

Alison Undercover said...

"An egg?" Try 2 dozen (yokes only). Bucket of KFC on the side.

Bret M. Herholz said...

I don't know if I could ;-)