Saturday, September 18, 2010

Restaurant Recommendation: The Loving Hut


Ever hear the phrase "Don't knock it till you try it"? Well, that phrase can definitely go for both vegetarian/vegan cuisine AND the Loving Hut on Chandler Street in Worcester. As I mentioned before I was a vegetarian for seven years before falling off the wagon, so having a meal that's vegetarian/vegan doesn't bother me. Sometimes it's just good to try something out of the ordinary.

Well, I've passed by the Loving Hut for a while now either on my way to work or driving around Worcester. It was formerly the Buddha Hut but changed it name in the past year or so.

Sydney and I had thought about going to Beatniks that night but found it to be packed. So, we decided since we were in that area to give the Loving Hut a try. She had tried some of their food at the Pets Rock event and really liked it. So, last night seemed like a good time to try one of their meals.

And I have to say it was pretty good!! I think Sydney got the Sweet N' Sour Sensation and I got the Sea Wonder. We both enjoyed our meals. And I have to say, they did an excellent job making it taste like shrimp and scallops. It's not as easy as you think. And yes. I've had real scallops so I know what they taste like. And they made it taste like scallops!!

So, if you're looking to mix it up a little bit and try something you don't usually try, give the Loving Hut a try. It's located on 415 Chandler Street in Worcester, MA. Click on the link below to check out their Worcester site. Apparently, they're international, so there might be one near you as well:

3 comments:

Andy Fish said...

Reminds me of the old joke about the former prison inmate:

Sitting with a friend in a bar he explains he hasn't been able to enjoy a meal since he's been paroled because years of beatings by the guards have conditioned him to only enjoy food if he's suffering.

The friend is surprised "What-- no Vegan restaurants near you?"

As much as I enjoy my beloved Vegan Whoopie Pies at the Bean Counter and I dig the vegetarian at Udupi give me a good piece of Chicken any day.

Sean said...

Just try and block out the whole Supreme Master thing, which isn't difficult because they aren't pushy at all.

Bret M. Herholz said...

I hear ya. I prefer real chicken over faux chicken. But I don't mind going veg once in while ;-)