Sunday, July 13, 2008

Progress on Polly and Handgraves

I just got the pages back from Rori yesterday all grayscaled. And they look absolutely fantastic!! It gives my ole pen and ink work a different look that is really suitable for this particular story.

For those of you who have been following my work (or not), unlike a great deal of my previous projects this isn't satire or a comedy. It's a straight-forward murder mystery.

But with that said, there's my usual dry sense of humor in the writing. Humor just feels natural to me. I can be completely dark and serious. How silly is that.

But I wanted to take a brave stab at a proper murder mystery with a pair of amateur sleuths solving a very muddy and muddled case.

I'm keeping the plot pretty much a secret for the time being. Although, I have told a few close friends what's going down and what it's based upon.

But I will say this. If you were born in Spencer, Massachusetts you should be very intrigued by the case. Both Worcester and Spencer are the backdrop for this particular tale.

I'm hoping to have everything scanned and special effects added before I head out to the Pub Scrawl tonight. So, I can send it all out to my publisher bright and squirrely tomorrow night.

So, stay tuned!!

No comments: