I haven't had a cold since April or May. I THOUGHT I had a cold around the time the 24 Hour Comic Book Jam was taking place. But apparently, I was having a particularly bad allergies this Fall. False alarm.
This is a cold. I'm drippy. My nose hurts. The last couple of days I've felt feverish and achy. I've been kind of grateful for the storm having cancelled school in Worcester for the past couple of days. It's given me a chance to lay low and try and kick this bugger in my nose.
On the bright side, I've lost weight in the past couple of months. I've finally got under 167 lbs for the first time in several years. And I'm sure this cold is helping that as well since I usually go into shut down mode and lay off my favorite ales, stouts and porters while I recuperate. All of which I had somewhat cut down on since over the Summer already.
I've been able to get a few things done, mostly personal, during the cold. But not much of anything in getting any new projects started. I've been trying to live out Dave Sims life of stick a Kleenex up your nose and quit bitching, but it just hasn't worked out that way. I think a mix of all the excitement and now this cold has got me completely whipped.
I'm feeling a little better today. I always know when the Day-Quil kicks in a little better, I'm usually on the mend.
No comments:
Post a Comment