Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Iris and her boys


Illustrated in Deleter #3 Black Drawing Ink with crow quill pen on Strathmore 9x12 Smooth Bristol Board.

Another illustration featuring Timelady Iris Wildthyme. This time alongside five of the Doctors she has appeared with in either the BBC Books or Big Finish audio adventures. She appeared with the Third Doctor in the book Verdigris, the Fourth Doctor in the short story Old Flame, the Fifth Doctor in the audio adventure Excelis: Dawn, the Sixth Doctor in the audio adventure The Wormery and the Eighth Doctor in the books The Scarlet Empress, The Blue Angel and Mad Dogs and Englishmen.

Once again Iris's appearance is based on Björk and her attire is taken from June Hudson's character design of Iris's clothing.

A while back I tried to submit a story idea that would have featured the Second Doctor running into Iris during the beginning of his exile. The story would have probably been placed between The War Games and Spearhead from Space and would feature the Cybermen in 1900 with a bit of a Curse of Frankenstein twist to it. My proposal was ultimately rejected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rejected by who...? i'd have wanted to read it!

xp

Bret M. Herholz said...

I think the idea I had was good. But in hindsight, I think I hadn't developed it enough.