Friday, October 30, 2009

Doctor Who: The Three Doctor


Illustrated with Deleter #3 Black Drawing Ink with Crow Quill Pen and Brush on Canson 9x12 Smooth Bristol Board.

Inspired by a concept I had in a previous illustration. Since Tom Baker was the Doctor for seven years (still the longest tenure of any of the Doctors on television), I always felt like the Fourth Doctor could be at least two or three different incarnations.

You had the version Fourth Doctor which could be wildly smiling and bug-eyed one minute and deadly serious the next minute from episodes like Robot and The Brain of Morbius. Then you had a much sillier wide eyed and wildly grinning Fourth Doctor offering all his enemies Jelly Babies in episodes like The Pirate Planet and City of Death. And then you had the much more somber and angrier (somewhat similar to William Hartnell's First Doctor) Fourth Doctor in episodes like The Leisure Hive and Logopolis.

I thought I would show that in an illustration which showed the different incarnations of the Fourth Doctor.

No comments: