
I don't know if it's just great planning or just great luck but the crew that have put together stART on the Street seem to have nothing but great weather every year with their outdoor shows. Not just great weather but amazing weather!! Last Fall's show was beautiful out and this past Sunday's very first Spring Show was an absolutely banner day!!
And since I was wearing a jacket and my brand new $10 Panama Hat, I somehow managed NOT to get sunburned!! That was nice!! It seems like my nose and my ears are the places I hit hit hardest. Not this time around!!
But the show went very well for a first show. And this was after finding out that the show was taking place the same time as the Walk for Breast Cancer in Elm Park. Believe me, I'm not going to get angry at anyone who decided to take part in the walk instead of going to the stART show on Main Street.
Nevertheless, it was a pretty impressive first show in this location and hopefully they will do it again next year on Main Street. It seems like the perfect companion for the Park Avenue show in the Fall!!
It was good to see so many familiar faces at the show as well as meet a few new ones. I did pretty good sales-wise. It always strikes me funny what sells at the shows and what doesn't sell. I was actually surprised that the Addams Family Racing one didn't sell. But with any of that work, I can put it on E-Bay either on it's own or in the case of my Sherlock Holmes artwork, I can sell it with the graphic novel.
Well, another show out of the way in the tour. Next stop is a brand new art show happening out in Holyoke that I am really thrilled to be taking part in. More about that in my next blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment