
Original artwork by the artist. Illustrated in Deleter #4 Black Drawing Ink with Crow Quill Pen on Strathmore 9x12 Smooth Windpower Bristol Board.
Featuring five of the most famous detectives in literature. C. Auguste Dupin, Sherlock Holmes, Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot and A. J. Raffles.The only character that might be in question about being considered a famous detective is Raffles since he was a gentleman thief. But I couldn't resist including him primarily due to the Sherlock Holmes connection. E.W. Hornung was the real life brother-in-law of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. And he created Raffles to be the antithesis of Holmes since Holmes was brilliant at solving crimes, Raffles was equally as brilliant at committing crimes. Which I give a nod to that connection by having Raffles looking over Holmes giving him a rather knowing smile. Although, Holmes's attention is elsewhere.
I also have both C. Auguste Dupin and Sherlock Holmes giving one another nasty looks in the illustration. This is a nod to the fact that Holmes openly disregards Edgar Allan Poe's creation (and perhaps the very first literary detecive) as "A very inferior fellow" when Watson compares Holmes to Dupin in A Study in Scarlet. I also have both Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot giving each other a quick glance since both creations of Dame Agatha Christie.
I based Dupin's look on Johnny Depp from Sleepy Hollow.
And you can own it along with a copy of my graphic novel Sherlock Holmes: The Painful Predicament of Alice Faulkner PERSONALLY SIGNED to you!! Just click on the E-Bay link located on the left hand side of your screen. Happy Bidding!!
No comments:
Post a Comment