Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Boston Comic Con 2011


I am very pleased to say that I WILL be taking part in Boston Comic Con 2011!! After missing out last year, I have been itching to go back. Now they have it in a bigger location with the Hynes Convention Center and this year boasts some guests I'm really excited about!!

The list includes Joe Kubert (Sunday only), Frank Quitely, Adam Hughes, Darwyn Cooke, Art Adams, Frank Cho, Tim Sale, and Matt Wagner.

But not only that!! One of my favorite artists TERRY MOORE will be appearing at this year's show!!

I don't keep it a secret that I really liked Terry Moore's work back in the day. He was someone else that really got me into pen and ink art with Strangers in Paradise (or SIP as it is affectionately called by fans). But not only that. What got me hooked on the series is he was probably one of the few artists who drew women fairly realistically.

This was at the height of the time where most artists drew women with a massive chest and the waist the size of one of my drawing pencils. Which makes you think that these women would HAVE TO have super powers. Because if they didn't they'd be spending most of their time in a wheelchair because their waist was waaaaay too thin to support their ridiculously sized busoms!!

But as a young comic reader, I enjoyed the story lines and quirky offbeat sense of humor Terry Moore offered in SIP. I stopped following the series only because I really stopped collecting single issue comic books somewhere around 1998 or 1999.

I did break fast on a couple of occasions recently. The first time was with Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's run on Batman and Robin. The second was an issue of Neal Adam's Batman: Odyssey.

But Alterna, Sydney and myself will be packing everything up and hitting the convention floor on Sunday morning May 1st!! The shows are always a lot of fun so I hope to see you all there!!

No comments: