
The Quinebaug Valley Council for the Arts and Humanities in Southbridge was the gallery I had my very first art show somewhere between 2001 and 2003. I was just starting to try and get my work out there and this was my very first art show thanks in part to my membership with the Massasoit Art Guild at the time.
Fast forward to 2011 and I received a message from Antonio Fonseca from the Council asking me if I would want to be part of an upcoming show they were having at the Quinebaug Gallery. Mind you, he contacted me not realizing that this had been a place I'd displayed my art nearly eight or ten years ago. He just really liked my work and wanted it to be part of the show he was putting together.
I didn't have a lot of work on hand. Most of my illustrations were on display at Jak's Pub down in Worcester. But I did have enough to frame for the show Antonio was putting together.
When Sydney and I drove down to meet him at the gallery I found him to be a really nice guy and very enthusiastic about my work as well as the other work that was on display. He expressed to me when he finally got the job with the Council his strongest desire was to bring in fresh and unique art. Something other than "happy little trees".
I assure you, there's nothing happy about my art. Cheeky at times yes. But not happy.
But he also asked for copies of my books to sell at the show. Which since I'm doing multiple shows this month, I've left up in my car.
As a matter of fact, I'll be talking about my next show up in the following blog post.
Well!! With all that said, I highly encourage everyone to come down to the open reception this Friday May 19th for Define: Illustration Crossing Over taking place at The Quinebaug Valley Council for the Arts and Humanities located on 111 Main Street in Southbridge MA.
Come on out and see some really great illustration art!!
No comments:
Post a Comment