The book above is another find. Some of you are a bit too young to remember Time Life's Mysteries of Unknown Series. A series of books that focused on the Paranormal which you could only buy over the phone.
The two things I remember from it is the catchphrase "Read the book" and a commercial featuring Vincent Price which gave me nightmares until I was 26.
I realize the commercial above is from another Time Life Series. However, for some reason my mind connects the two.
Well, I recently found one of the volumes from this famous (or infamous) series. The one I found was Spirit Summonings. Of course I had to buy it (for a lot less than they were originally offering the series for) and I have to confess it was probably the silliest thing I have ever read.
Not because of the supernatural aspect. Just the execution of the book itself.
Of course I'm not sorry I bought it. But it's most certainly not as creepy as the commercials implied.
Just another reminder of the dangers of ordering from 1-800 numbers.
No comments:
Post a Comment