Saturday, March 1, 2014

Spring Thoughts and Progress on the Ukulele

Spring is a few weeks a way and I decided to shave the old beard off a month or so early. For those who don't follow my blog I tend to start growing a beard around late September and early October and then shave everything off around Springtime.

Mostly I just get bored and need the change.

I'll be glad to see Old Man Winter in the rearview mirror. The last couple months of Winter have been the pits with the constant snow. It'll be nice to see warmer weather and everything in bloom once again.

I've also been continuing to learn the ukulele the past couple of months. I've come along pretty good since I last blogged about it. I've been learning a few songs. Just recently I added two more to songs I've learned. One of which is HE PLAYED HIS UKULELE AS THE SHIP WENT DOWN at the request of my good friend Devon Kurtz when we all went out to the Flying Rhino for my Birthday.


The other song goes along with my affection for Groucho Marx and the movies of the Marx Brothers. I found the chords for LYDIA THE TATTOOED LADY. A particular favorite of mine.


The chords themself are actually fairly easy. And my wife has even told me that what I'm playing even sounds like music now.

That's pretty much all the fun and excitement around here. Now I'm just hoping to get through the next snowstorm and hope nicer weather is on the other side of it.

No comments: