
So, show up around 6:30pm until whenever your fingers fall off for a night of art, beer and socializing with other great artists, writers and musicians from the Worcester MA area!!
I'm hoping to have this become a once a month event either at Ralphs or another bar or pub somewhere around and about Worcester. I'm also hoping to incorporate other aspects to the event like the possibility of an eight hour comic book jam sometime either in July or August where the artists promptly show up at 6:30pm and in that eight hour stretch of time they are FORCED TO create an eight page comic book story which will appear in a short group anthology.
Another thing I'm very excited about is good friends of mine Andy Fish and Tom Grady who I work with through both the UCF Anthology and the Worcester Art Museum are planning something really great at WAM. To quote Andy himself:
Uber Artist Tom Grady and I are attempting to launch a version of Dr Sketchy's Anti Art School Life Drawing sessions here at WAM on either Thursday or Friday nights, and it looks like it's pretty close to happening. Dr Sketchy's, in case you don't know, combines art with snacks and laughs as we attempt to have some fun with some figure work all the while working hard not to take ourselves too seriously. There will be a nominal charge for the model fee-- something along the lines of $5 and it's completely drop in but limited to 20 people. MORE as we work out the final details.
No comments:
Post a Comment