Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Making a switch from Windsor Newton to Deleter

Probably for the past ten years or so I've been using Windsor Newton india ink for all my illustrations and comic art. Before that, I had used Pelikan. Unfortunately, most of the art supply stores in my area stopped carrying Pelikan so I started using Windsor Newton.

I've always enjoyed using Windsor Newton ink. It doesn't gray out over time the way Higgins does. And it's very rich and dark. Unlike Higgins.

But an art chum of mine Andy Fish has been telling me about this ink he uses called Deleter. He has told me that he thinks it's the best ink out there and it inks darker than even Windsor Newton.

I've seen a great deal of Andy's work with the Deleter ink and it looks really great!! So, I figured I would give it a go and get myself a bottle of it.

I still need to get through a few remaining bottles of Windsor Newton I own before I can break into the Deleter. But once I do, I'll let you know what I think of it.

No comments: