
I don't usually write political blogs. To be honest with you, I don't care for politics. I prefer to stay out of things. So, with that said I'm not going to waste your precious time trying to convince you to vote for MY candidate.
All I want to do is to convince you to vote.
Because this country was founded on freedom. You have the freedom to choose the candidate you feel respresents your values. People should do their homework and vote with their heart. And not who your friends or Lindsay Lohan tells you who you should be voting for. Do we really care what Lindsay Lohan has to think politically? I certainly don't.
And yes. Celebrities have a right to their opinion and their choice for President as well when it comes to politics. I just wish the more aggressive ones would realize we have a right to our opinions too instead of ridiculing us for not agreeing with them. This goes for both Democrats and Republicans. Neither party is blameless.
Because if you're voting for John McCain or Barack Obama just because that's the way your friends or your family are voting and that's not really the way you feel or you feel you're voting for the lesser of two evils then you're NOT voting for the right person.
It's our political future not some High School popularity contest for king and queen of the prom!!
Look at their platforms. What do they stand for? Who do you feel most aligned with morally and politically? THAT'S the candidate you should vote for. Whether it be Barack Obama or John McCain.
If it means voting third party, then so be it. As long as you're not selling your values up the river and you're voting for someone that represents YOU.
Since I live in Massachusetts, I suppose it's kind of moot because this State goes Democrat anyways. But that won't deter me from voting for the person I feel the strongest about.
And I hear so many people out there complain about whoever gets into the White House but they didn't vote. As far as I am concerned you're opinion is pretty worthless. At least if you had voted for the other guy you could be validated in your opinion of disliking the guy who was voted in. But you did nothing.
But like I said, you don't have to agree with me. Just make your opinion heard and go out and vote!! And vote with your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment