A man told me to beware of 33. He said, "It was not an easy time for me". But I'll get through even though. I've got no miracles to show you.
I think I first heard those lyrics when I was 23. They were from a song by Pulp called Dishes off their This Is Hardcore album. I loved that line from the song and I am not Jesus though I have the same initials. The lead singer's name is Jarvis Cocker. Heh!!
I've never really made a big to do out of my Birthday really. Which I suppose is ironic I'm sitting here writing a blog about it. But that's only because I've been up since 5:30am because for some reason or another I cannot sleep this morning.
And how will I be spending the first day of officially being 33? I'll be ankle deep in eight to ten year olds and tempera paint. It's kind of weird because I think it's the first Birthday in a while where I've had to go into work. Much like jury duty, I don't know how I managed it for so long where my B-Day fell on a day off. But like jury duty, it had to hit me sooner or later.
But at least it's a job where I'm not getting harrassed my vicious old ladies in the Paper Goods and Chemicals aisle at Wal-Mart anymore. Or being threatened with physical violence just because I am not allowed to let you buy the books with all the credit you accumulated just because it's the bookstore policy.
Well, there's something to be happy about ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment