Saturday, March 7, 2009

Best Batman Brave and the Bold yet!!


I think the two part Owlman storyline for Batman: The Brave and the Bold has been my favorite episode yet!! Mainly because they finally introduced the Joker to the series.

What I really like about this series is it's heavily influenced by Dick (who probably should have gone by the name Richard) Sprang style of artwork. Years back, I would have probably hated a series like this. Mainly because of how movies like Batman Forever and Batman and Robin's went over the line of campy and really ruined the whole idea of doing a Batman movie until Christopher Nolan finally put the character back of the right track with Batman Begins.

But now I think there's plenty of room for a series that pays it's respect to the more campier style Batman stories of the 1950's and the early 1960's. Because they do it right. I like the fact that the new Batmoblie looks like a cross between the Lincoln Futura from the Adam West series and the one Tim Burton did for his two Batman movies (and even though his name appears as producer of Batman Forever, I don't consider that a Tim Burton film at all).

But if you haven't had the chance to see this weeks episode Game Over for Owlman! I think it will be repeated tonight on Cartoon Network after 6pm. And you can probably check it out on Youtube as well.

I actually really liked how they both designed the Joker and the voice for the Joker. It's exactly how I would imagine the character sounding in some of the stories drawn by Dick (giggle) Sprang.

And Diedrich Bader continues to impress me with his voice of Batman. I would have never in a million years pictured Oswald from the Drew Carey Show and Laurence (the guy with the mullet) from Office Space, doing a Batman voice that blows Christian Bale out of the water.

Although Jeremy Sisto who did Batman on Justice League: The New Frontier did a great job too.

No comments: