Saturday, March 14, 2009

Woo-Town & Me :-)


It was a phrase I've been using for the past few years. When mentioning any events either on my blog here, my blog or Myspace, on Facebook or whenever I'm doing something for either stART on the Street, ARTSWorcester or a class I'm teaching at the Worcester Art Museum, I would refer to Worcester as Woo-Town.

Nobody else was at the time although I did get a few of my friends to start calling it Woo-Town. So, you can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I am the author of that nickname for the grey slate Metropolis we all know and love as Worcester Massachusetts.

You can look up my blog on Myspace and I believe there are post going a couple years back where I refer to Worcester as Woo-Town. And I don't remember hearing it called that before me. If you wish to refute me on that, please send along your evidence.

But getting to the point, you can imagine my surprise and delight when I was flipping through Worcester Magazine yesterday and I saw a section of it referred to as Woo-Town.

Needless to say if I have started a trend and people are starting to refer to Worcester as Woo-Town, then I am very pleased to be a part of it. Even if I can't make a cent off the phrase, there is something somewhat satisfying about being part of something in a small way.

No comments: