
Well, I survived another First Night at the Worcester Art Museum! And I had a blast!! I've done First Night at the Art Museum nearly every year I've been there. The first year I did it I found it a bit overwhelming. But since then, I've found it to be a lot of fun!!
Last year I wasn't able to do it and I really missed taking part of it. So, I immediately jumped on the chance to do it again this year. Sure, it can be an insane at times with how many people come swarming in to do the craft you are teaching that night. But unlike most of the lessons I teach, you don't have to do much thinking and preparing. You show them the basics and let them do the rest.
Not bad for four or five hours of work. And I was thrilled to find out my friends Andy and Veronica were doing First Night at WAM as well this year. So, it was nice to know I was in good company that night :-)
It wasn't so nice to have some jerk of a truck driver parked right behind my car as I tried to leave. And then take his dear precious time to get everything loaded and chat with his buddy before he decided to depart.
But he finally moved, I got home to have dinner and a drink to toast 2009 and look forward to 2010. Here's hoping the new year is a happy and healthy one for everybody!!
No comments:
Post a Comment