Friday, January 1, 2010

The Day After...


Okay so there's no robot holocaust just yet. But there's still hope for that come in 2012. And we'll have to wait and see if Arthur C. Clarke has lied to us yet again. 2001 came and went without any spaceships being piloted by murderous computers. Now we'll have to wait and see if there will be any monoliths transforming Jupiter into a new sun.

But I'm not going to hold my breath ;-)

I am glad to see the change of the calendar but at the same time I don't want to put too much thought into the New Year and just take things as they come.

But this year does have a good feeling to it. Maybe because it's the beginning of a new decade too. So, it's like starting fresh. And I'm looking forward to seeing what this year has to bring.

I have several projects I really want to get into the can. A couple I have already mentioned. But most importantly my second Polly and Handgraves story which I think is long overdue by my standards. I am going to try and finish that up hopefully by February or March.

And there's the possibility of a second Sherlock Holmes tale. I really enjoyed working on my first one and that has definitely given me the itch to want to do a follow up.

But more on that later.

I also mentioned in a couple blogs prior about finally doing my take on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I've been very grateful for everyone who has passed along some really great adaptations by different artists. It's very nice to know there are other people out there who feel the same way I do about doing adaptations that remain true to Lewis Carrol's original tale.

One of the things I would want to achieve is recreating John Tenniel's panto style for the animal characters. I like it because there is a slightly unsettling and somewhat nightmarish feel to the characters. Which is something I want to draw upon.

If I can get all those things accomplished this year, I will feel very pleased. But still. It's a new year and I am very happy to see 2010 arrive!!

No comments: