Saturday, July 31, 2010

Restaurant Recommendation: Muncheez Pizzeria in Worcester MA

Right down the street from the Corner Grille (one of my favorite places to go in Worcester) on Pleasant Street is another little pizzeria called Muncheez. I'm actually not sure where I found out about the place. I imagine it was either at one of the stART on the Street events or one of my Worcester friends posted the place on Facebook. Or something. I can't remember. What I do remember is reading the menu and being very intrigued by what they offered.

It's the type of place you'd expect to see featured on a Travel Channel show like Pizza Paradise for it's unusual pizza offerings. The one that caught my eye was the Spaghetti and Meatball Pizza. Which apparently isn't THAT unusual because I've seen a few other places in the area offer it on a pizza.

But Muncheez was featured on the Phantom Gourmet for their Donut Burger. Yes! You read that right. DONUT BURGER!! As pictured above.

Well, I have to admit I'm not brave enough to attempt something like that. But I wanted to try Muncheez out for the first time. So, Sydney and I met up with my cousin Jared and his girlfriend Alicia to give it a try.

We ended up ordering a small Popeye the Sailor Man and a small Macaroni and Cheese Pizza and sat outside and had our meal. And you know what? It wasn't half bad!! You wouldn't think Mac and Cheese would be any good on a pizza but it was strangely satisfying. The Popeye was okay. I tend to prefer regular cheese than Feta on my pizza. But it wasn't half bad.

My only complaint about the place is they didn't serve drinks. Which isn't the be all and end all of my dining experience. But it does add a certain ambiance to a meal when you're sitting there having a drink and enjoying a conversation.

With that said, although I don't see myself trying the Donut Burger anytime in the near future I DO highly recommend the place and highly recommend you check them out by clicking on the link below. Great if you want something a little out of the ordinary instead of the usual pepperoni:

6 comments:

AserehT tm said...

I bet that donut burger would kill you dead.
Worse dead than LeBigMac.
However!
The salt and sweet balance would be amazing. Why do you think they serve pig and cherry/apple/pear?

Bret M. Herholz said...

Seriously and knowing my family's history with heart failure, I don't dare try it ;-)

Alison Undercover said...

Do they offer a hotdog sandwiched between two Twinkies as the bun?

Bret M. Herholz said...

I'm not sure. But they do offer fried Twinkies as well as fried Oreos.

Alison Undercover said...

OMG I have to try a fried Twinkie. I've heard so much about them.

Bret M. Herholz said...

I heard about a fish n' chips place down in New York that offers it. Basically they deep fry up anything possible.

It's too bad you didn't know about the Donut Burger when you were getting all the comics ready for Hot Donut Salad. It might have made a nice little epilogue to the book to have your character eating a hot donut burger ;-)