I've heard from one source it will be in the form of a live action television series.
Some fan sites and messageboards are already speculating the cast. Or who they would cast. As far as who I think should star as Batman. I really don't know who I would cast. I really can't think of an actor offhand who just screams "I'm Batman"!
However, I have mentioned it in the past how I would approach a Batman movie, television series or whatever. As much as I've enjoyed Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, I think the dark storyline and the equally dark costume has been done to death.
They've been using the same theme for the Batman costume since Tim Burton's film all the way back to 1989. I think it's time to go in a new direction with the character and the story.
And NO I am NOT suggesting going back to the Joel Schumacher style movies with flashy disco Batmobiles and Bat Nipples.
However, I wouldn't mind seeing the next Bat costume being a throwback to the Neal Adams Jim Aparo style.
Maybe without the blue mask. But I think the basic design could work for a Batman film going forward. They used something along the lines of the Neal Adams design but obviously more inspired by Alex Ross (but without Batman looking fat).
It worked well for a few Batman films made by a couple independent filmmakers. Most notably the Batman film Dead End.
I also think it's time to move away from the emotionally scarred Bruce Wayne of the last few movies. That's been done to death too. The idea is by the time he has become the Batman he has come to terms with his parents death. He's Batman because that's who he really is. Bruce Wayne is the mask. Batman is who he really sees himself as.
Not saying making the movie Batman-lite. More like Batman meets Indiana Jones.
2 comments:
I think your idea of "done to death" is differnt from the terms common usage. Saying that Batman shouldnt be emotionally scarred is like saying Captain America shouldnt be....American. Yes Batman is who Bruce Wayne actually is, and Bruce Wayne is the mask, but harboring regret over his parents death doesnt KEEP him from being who he really is, in fact its entirely nessecary, and Nolans level of realism and dark tone have breathed new life into a franchise that had become laughable in its cinematic incarnations, the movies arnt perfect, but they are great and do the character justice
I want a Batman reboot movie to have different people but I want it to continue from the Dark Knight Rises movie with Robin in it(the detective shown at the end).
Post a Comment