Friday, June 29, 2012

Dark Shadows Proposal for Dynamite

I just completed a few Dark Shadows sample pages for a submissions I'm preparing to send out to Dynamite Entertaiment.

Dynamite has a really great roster of titles and the cult classic gothic soap Dark Shadows is one of them. Although I am aware Dynamite's portrayal of Barnabas Collins is his much later incarnation which he is cured of his vampirism I'm just more fascinated by the dynamics of his earlier Dracula/Renfield redux relationship between himself and Willie Loomis.

And being a fan of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, I decided to render the pages in sepia tones.

PAGE ONE

Page Three

5 comments:

Paul Magrs said...

i love this look for Dark Shadows, Bret! Brilliant! Best of luck with it!

Bret M. Herholz said...

Thank you very much Paul :-)

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! I hope Dynamite (or another publisher) goes for them;)

Cousin Barnabas said...

OH. MY. GOD. These pages are AMAZING! I know this post is a few months old, but what can fans do to help make this book a reality?

Cousin Barnabas said...

Also, THIS.
http://www.collinsporthistoricalsociety.com/2013/01/sample-pages-from-bret-m-herholzs.html