I'm just finished the penciling and inking stage of The Cask of Amontillado. A graphic novel I have been working on periodically since March of this year. It was a promise I made to my wife Syd as a Birthday gift. She requested me to do at least 10 pages before we go out to dinner tomorrow.
As someone who tries my best to keep my promises, not only did I finish 10 pages, but I just finished the book...
...well, sort of. Now I have to get into the computer aspect of the project which consists of scanning the pages, adding gray-tones and text. But I've completed penciling and inking.
This was also the first project I didn't work with a script but just worked directly from the text. I had a hardback version of The Tales of Edgar Allan Poe I bought from Good Will. Not a bad one either with some interesting illustrations. Definitely not as good as Harry Clarke's Poe work. But they did the trick.
But if everything goes according to plan. I should have the book together and ready for the end of August at the latest. Which should hopefully be in enough time for stART on the Street.
No teaser pages yet, I'm afraid. You'll just have to wait...

No comments:
Post a Comment