
I absolutely love the old DC Comics art style from the 60's and early 70's. Especially artists like Carmine Infantino, Curt Swan, Neal Adams and Nick Cardy.
Well, singer, songwriter, fellow artist, SCAD alum and my best friend on the planet Rori Shapiro knows one of those Silver Age artists Ramona Fradon and has gotten the opportunity to color some of Ramona's comic art like the one of Aquaman you see above.
So, if you would like to own some great artwork done by two great artists be sure to click on the image above to take advantage on bidding on a signed copy of an Aquaman illustration! Signed by both Ramona and Rori!!
3 comments:
I love Ramona's work. I had the pleasure of getting to know her at a show in White Plains a few years ago-- she was tops.
Her 50s work on Aquaman was amazing!
I agree Andy!! I'm just so drawn to that style of the 1960's/1970's DC Comics style art. And from what Rori has shown me of her work I have definitely become a fan :-)
I just got one of those pint glasses with Superman, Batman in Wonder Woman that look like it's from that 1970's/1980's era Justice League.
Great having a beer with it :-)
Speaking of which, I would love to see you do an illustration of the interpretation of Aquaman you were telling me you had thought about doing. Because I thought it was a brilliant take on the character!!
Post a Comment