Monday, October 31, 2011

Dirty Gerund Poetry Show: A Very Haunted Ruckus is TONIGHT!!


I'm really not much of a night owl. Usually by 6PM I'm in shut down mode and ready to relax with a nice beer and movie with my wife and bitey cat. Right now we're watching the Brother Cadfael series on DVD and really enjoying it.

However, when my good friend and current collaborator Susurrus Din suggested doing the Dirty Gerund Poetry Show at Ralph's Rock Diner in Worcester I immediately said YES!!

If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Susurrus Din as of yet, he looks like he stepped out of a Charles Addams cartoon.

And is probably most amiable and the nicest guy you'll ever meet to boot. I met both him and his wife at my solo show at Dark World a couple years back and they were just the nicest couple.

And what better night to take part in this than All Hallows' Eve. Which has pretty much become the Mardi Gras of the holidays. There isn't a better day of the year to give into that suppressed side of you who wanted to be an actor and dress up in something extravagant.

If you were to do it on Thanksgiving or Arbor Day you'd just look weird. But tonight it's permitted.

Everything kicks off at 9:30PM at Ralph's Rock Diner in Worcester which we will be unveiling our new book Gloomy Presentiments of Things to Come. Susurrus reading selected works from our book while I work on a pen and ink illustration live at the show. The piece will be auctioned off at the end of the evening.

And since now I have the capabilities of accepting credit card purchases thanks to my technologically savvier wife getting the new Droid phone, the winning bidder may make their purchase with a credit card.

Even though I have not physically received the Square yet. We can enter everything manually.

Ralph's Diner is located on 148 Grove St. Right in close proximity of the prestigious Worcester Art Museum. So if you're looking for something to do we hope to see you there tonight.

And fancy dress IS encouraged.

No comments: