Monday, October 10, 2011

Gloomy Presentiments cover unveiled with a big thanks to Antoine Capitani


Here's what's going to be the cover for Gloomy Presentiments of Things To Come by by Ryan Coffman aka Susurrus Din to many of the folks around the Woo. The image is inspired by René Magritte's illustration "The Menaced Assassin".

It was actually my student Antoine Capitani at Eagle Hill School out in Hardwicke MA that reintroduced me to Magritte's work. When I saw The Menaced Assassin in the book on Magritte Antoine brought for one of his lessons. I just thought it was an image I would love to use in a project.

And when Ryan's project came up I felt it fit perfectly for the look and feel of the book.

I just glanced through the proofs and the book itself looks great!! It should be off t

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Hello Mr. Herholz,

I'm Alexandra. I am a student at history of arts department and I'm preparing a paper about Magritte's "Menaced Assassin". I really like your homage to the painting, and it would help me so much for the paper if you could answer a few questions. Why did you pick this painting and what was your idea in using it?

I would really appreciate your help.
Thank you so much and have a nice day :)

Alexandra.