Sometimes I wonder if department stores should be playing the song I Hate People from the musical Scrooge.I would never ever say Christmas is my least favorite holiday. However, I think all the crowds, traffic and pressure that goes along with the holidays can definitely dampen the spirits.
And the fact that people immediately associate stress with the Holiday Season tells me "There's something wrong with that". Dreadfully wrong. Shouldn't a holiday be a time of rest and relaxation?
It's hard to have a "Holly Jolly Christmas" when you want to deck the person who just cut you off in line while they talk at a great volume on their cell phone because they figure everyone should be aware of this all important conversation they are having.
And even if you're not standing in line. Traffic on the highway has become so horrific that you're either stuck in traffic two hours longer than you would have ever wanted in several life times and two past lives.
What's worse. I heard there were three really horrific accidents close to where I live just this past Wednesday during the longest night of the year. Two out of three of those were head on accidents. And two out of the three someone involved died.
I don't know if it had anything to do with holiday stress, impatience or road rage. But it does make me sad.
Okay, so here's my wish for the this Holiday Season. We stop focusing on the pressure of getting the ideal gift and just enjoy the time we have with the people we love.
So get off the road tonight. Put your feet up. Get together with good friends and family. And just CHILL OUT!!!
Perhaps we'll appreciate the season much more if we do that.
2 comments:
This reminds me of something I said earlier this week to Lilly.
We were in line at the service desk and it was taking forever, the people behind me were bitching loudly and so when Lilly said something about the line not moving I (not too quietly)told her that it's the holidays and that it's more important than ever to make sure that we show a little extra patience and understanding, especially when we're in a crowded place.
The crabby lady behind me shut up. after that.
It turned out that due to call-outs and inflexible scheduling they had no one to work the service desk and they'd pulled in the HR manager who had only ever been on the floor twice.
The poor woman was doing the best that she could but since she wasn't trained everything took 3 times as long as it should have
Well said my friend!!
You know. Most of the time I get more annoyed at the impatience of the people in front or behind me than the person at the service desk.
It's not the person's fault that there aren't that many lines. It's the store's for not putting enough people on register.
Being bitchy and aggressive is not going to make the line go any quicker and probably make the person behind the desk make more mistakes and make the wait longer.
Post a Comment