Friday, September 14, 2012

The Ugly Sub and Pizza Company

I thought I would plug the Ugly Sub and Pizza Company on 186 Stafford Street in Worcester MA this morning. I've eaten there a couple times and I have to say I have been very impressed on both occassions. And this was even before I noticed the small framed picture of Vincent Price as the Abomidable Dr. Phibes hanging on the wall.

It was even better to find out after talking with the owner that he is a huge old movie fan. He even made a decision when he purchased the place that he would put old movie photo's in what used to be the light up menu display on the wall.

It just adds a level of uniqueness to the place. And being an old movie fan myself, I appreciate the ambience.

Businesses never seem to have had much success in that lot. There's not a lot of parking. And seeing that there is a pub next door, I imagine there's a lot less when the locals come "to tie one on". However, it seems like there hasn't been a great deal of success before that. I can remember two different incarnations of Andrea's Ristorante as well as a few other forgettable places that were there after.

But I think the Ugly Sub has something unique that those other businesses did not. I haven't had a chance to try their pizza's. However, their subs alone have brought me back. TWICE!!

They make their own bread and let me tell you, it's good!!

I have heard they also offer a locally made rootbeer as well which is supposed to be the cat's pajama's. I haven't seen it when I was there. Which tells me that it must be a very popular sody pop indeed.

So if you're looking for a quick bite to eat for lunch. Or just don't feel like makin dinner one night. Give the Ugly Sub a try. You might be pleasantly surprised. You can check out their menu online:

No comments: