Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Franksgribbles!!

I admit to Thanksgiving being my favorite holiday. I suppose because it hasn't succumb to the depressing commercialism of Christmas or Easter. Not to mention how ridiculous the whole Black Friday thing has become over the past several years.I'm well aware it's been going on for a while. However, I don't remember it being rammed down our throats as much with the amount of commercials shoved at us ever six seconds.

For me, Thanksgiving is a time to relax and enjoy food and drink with family and friends. I suppose if you happen to hate your family, I can understand why Thanksgiving (or holidays in general) can be such a chore.

But there are several things on the horizon to look forward to.


With the month of December approaching, there are a few shows and special holiday auctions to look forward to. I will be setting up a couple of special E-Bay auctions. One will be a copy of Syd and my new book MEMENTO MORI. The winning bidder will receive not only their copy signed by the both of us but they will also receive an original pen and ink sketch as well.

December will also see the release of my collection of Sherlock Holmes artwork from over the past 12 years, A STUDY IN SHERLOCK. I will be setting up a couple of Sherlock Holmes related auctions on E-Bay as well.

But December also means stART at the Station!! This year it will be taking place Sunday December 2nd at Worcester's historic Union Station. I've done the show for the past several years and it's a great opportunity to find some unique handmade gifts by not only local artists and crafters. But artists and crafters from far off.

Yeah!! Taking part in stART's shows has become coveted by artists and crafters.

This year not only will Syd and I be selling our book as well as my artwork and prints. But this show will be the debut of Syd's handmade jewelry. And she's been getting requests for commissions already!! So take this opportunity of buying her work before they're sold out!!

I will also be doing Beatnik's Indie Art Market Tuesday December 4th!! Niki and Josh who run Beatnik's are great people and have given many local artists a chance to showcase their work. If you haven't done an Indie Art Market yet, I highly recommend you contact Beatniks.

I will keep you all posted if more events happen to appear on the horizon. Otherwise, Happy Holidays!!

No comments: