Every year I try my best to write a blog imparting a little advice to anyone who is new with any of the stART on the Street events. I've been doing the event since 2005. Which I suppose is a drop in the ocean next to the people who have been doing the shows since stART's inception 10 years ago.
I've enjoyed the holiday shows they have held at Worcester's Union Station nearly as much as their Park Avenue shows. Union Station has really been the ideal place for a show of this nature.
But as far as "holiday art" possibly the best advice I could give is think of doing work people wouldn't just hang up in their house on the holidays. But something they would give as a gift that would hang up all year round.
This advice I guess is really more for people who create illustrations and print art.
There is a need for Winter scenes, Christmas trees and stuff of that nature. However, don't just limit yourself to that. I've found that Classic Children's Literature is the ideal subject for holiday art. It's nice to have that image of Peter Pan or Ozma hanging over the bed while you read your child one of their stories.
In the long run, having illustrations like that will make your repertoire all the stronger for potential shoppers.
No comments:
Post a Comment