Sunday, June 1, 2014

Flash Gordon: Mongo's Most Wanted

Beginning of a month where I try something new. I've been working in the same style for the past 14 years and I've begun to feel a little burnt out. So I thought I'd do a little rediscovering of my cartoon past as well as perhaps learning a couple new things along the way.
 
One of which is teaching myself to learn how to ink with a brush. The illustration you see above is my second attempt at brush inking. I thought I'd use Flash Gordon alongside his girlfriend Dale Arden for inspiration.
 
The reason Dale's hair is blue is its a bit of a tribute to how they used a dark blue highlight on all comic book characters with dark hair in old comics.
 
Right now you can bid on a 16x20 version of this image. It will be the only copy I'll be making at that particular size. Click on the link below to check it out and place your bid:
 

No comments: