Well, that's half true. I've actually been on Patreon for a while. It's just been trying to find how to make it work for me. AND to get people interested.
I had done a one day convention in Cape Cod Massachusetts (maybe?) last year. And I happened to overhear one of the artists talking about Patreon. I had one. I knew many of my artists friends had one. But I hadn't figured out how to properly utilize it for my benefit.
I heard the young artist mention he produces 'zines. Many of the artists at this particular show made em. Which was great because I've noticed a trend of less and less artists working on or selling their own books so it was nice to see people getting their stories out there.
Well, during the conversation the artist mentioned that he had been posting the stories on Patreon exclusively before going to print and using the money made on the platform to go towards the printing cost.
I thought that was a really good idea. And restructured my Patreon page so subscribers get a first look at a project I'm working on. Which I've done for my last few projects.
If you're interested, go to my patreon page today. Honestly, I don't charge a lot for a membership:

No comments:
Post a Comment