Getting to chat with Katy Manning and gift her with some artwork at Long Island DoctorWho.
I'm seeing that my last blog post was in 2019. Which is pre-Covid. Jiminy Crickets but that was a while ago!! And much has happened since then.
In 2020 the plan was to start doing conventions again regularly after a few years absence. My first stop would be 221B Con down in Atlanta GA. I had my flight and my Airbnb all lined up and I was ready to go...
...but we all know what happened next. I ended up getting pretty sick right at the beginning as well and I wouldn't have been able to travel anyway.
However, in the past few years I finally began to do conventions regularly each year. I was finally able to make it down to 221B Con starting three years ago. Which has been a fantastic experience for me and a show I look forward to doing every year.
But it's not the only convention I've enjoyed. That same year I started attending Long Island Doctor Who and just last year Chicago TARDIS. Both conventions I've been very appreciative the way people have taken an interest in my work.
I was very saddened to discover that this years LI Who was indeed going to be the last one for a while. And seeing that the long running Doctor Who Convention in Los Angeles is coming to an end in 2028, Chicago TARDIS might be the last Whovian Convention left standing in the states.
A Phantom of the Paradise commission request I got at LI Who.
Although last year's 221B Con was supposed to be the end. However a group took it over and has continued running it with great success. So you never know. The same thing might happen for LI Who.
But on that note, I WILL BE attending Chicago TARDIS Thanksgiving weekend in November.
Highlights from my trip to St. Louis for Holmes in the Heartland and a visit to the St. Louis Historical Museum.
A lot of what I've done over the past few years is finding the shows that have worked and the ones that haven't. Which can be tricky. But it's been a good education as I started to put myself out there more and more again.
With that all said, I plan on dusting off the old digital cobwebs and using this blog again on a more semi-regular basis.
Well... more than a blog post every six years.








































No comments:
Post a Comment