Sunday, September 6, 2026

Andy T. Fish

Andy and me at the original Boston Comic Con back in 2007

 This is a tough one and to be honest, I'm not good with words and don't process grief very well. 

I feel like I've known Andy Fish forever. His son Joe would come over to my grandparents house to play when my cousin Jae was visiting from California. 

But I feel like I got to know Andy better when we worked at the Worcester Art Museum together. A talented artist and writer. Honest and never pulled his punches. 

We both shared a love for old movies of the 30s and 40s. Especially film noir, movie serials, the Marx Brothers and Andy even eventually won me over on the Basil Rathbone WWII Sherlock Holmes series (although we both agree Nigel Bruce is the most slappable Watson of all the various adaptations) which I avoided but admittingly find enjoyable. 

We both also shared an appreciation for Batman. And a shared dislike for Batman co-creator Bob Kane. Who, as Andy has stated, lived the life of Bruce Wayne while leaving Bill Finger to die in poverty.

We both enjoyed the 1966 Batman television series and the storied Andy told me about working with Adam West on projects were incredibly entertaining and made me appreciate Wests offbeat sense of humor all the more.

He was very particular about his Batmen and we'd have longish discussions on the subject of Batman adapted onto the screen. 

Above all, Andy was a good father to his son's Matt, Joe and Adam. And a loyal husband to his wife Veronica. And a good friend to many of us who had the privilege of knowing him. 

I'll miss you Andy and my heart goes out to Veronica, Matt, Joe, Adam and all his family and friends right now. 

My Grandfather (who Andy had a great respect for) used to end his letters home during WWII with the words "Goodbye for now". Which I feel like is fitting. 

Goodbye for now, Andy. You will be missed.



No comments: