I just finished the 20 extra pages for my latest graphic novel today!!!! I am very happy about that! I had started working on the pages back on May 30th and nearly a week or so later, I have just finished adding the last bit of blue pencil and the last bit of black ink to the bristol board.
So, now I'm going to hit up Kinko's tomorrow and make copies of the pages so I can rescan them and reletter them. That was another sore spot last time. I'm still learning as I'm going along as far as creating speech balloons on Photoshop. I had kind of botched up the lettering and the balloon size last time out. And I used the wrong lasso tool to create the little tails on the balloons.
But it's all part of becoming better at the game.
I also start doing the first three weeks of the Summer program at Pincushion Hill Montessori School next week, so I wanted to get the bulk of the project out of the way. I could at least get the lettering done when I got home from work.
But the penciling and inking was going to be the heaviest part of the haul for me.
When all is said and done, hopefully I wil have an infinitely better book than what I originally submitted.
No comments:
Post a Comment