
Inspired by my previous illustration of the Joker and Bat-Man, I thought I would do a second illustration. This time I thought I would incorporate the Red Hood origin into the illustration a little more.
As I stated in my previous post, I had always kind of liked that origin. Especially the way it appeared in Detective Comics #168 The Man Behind the Red Hood (February 1951). They mention that's how the Joker became the Joker but they still leave the exact identity of the Joker a mystery.
And as much as I like both the Tim Burton Batman and the Killing Joke, I don't particularly like how they give him an identity like Jack Napier or the stand up comic name Joe. Although, Alan Moore does hint at the fact this might not really be a true origin of the Joker and just one of his delusions.
But still. I think the latest Batman film got it right by never revealing who the Joker was. It makes the character a little more dangerous to have that bit of mystery.
No comments:
Post a Comment