Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My studio is finally set up... well... NEARLY set up...

Well, it took me three months with getting the place straightened up and plowing through the Summer Session at the Worcester Art Museum. But I FINALLY have my studio pretty much set up. Well, pretty much the essentials of getting work done set up.

I need to work on a raised area so doing projects on the dining room table and at the Museum during break was driving me crazy.

So I finally have my drawing desk (which I've had since the seventh grade and looks very much like the one Walt Kelly worked at), my Mac Computer, drawing utensils and bristol boards of various persuasions all set up. I am now proceeding to hang up pictures around the studio.

As much as I would idealistically love to go for the whole John Lennon blank wall to evoke creativity aesthetic I really know it's just not me. I need things hanging on the wall.

One of my brand new pieces is a wedding gift created by my good friend and former roommate A-Town Krolikowski. It's a comic piece involving my wedding night in a way that only A-Town can envision it.

Pictures should be posted very soon. But at least now I can work again.

No comments: