Thursday, October 18, 2012

Time Life's Enchanted Worlds Series

I had recently check out several copies of Time Life's Enchanted Worlds series from my local library (yes there are STILL people in the world that value their local library) for a future comic book project I'm planning on starting to script once I have finished my current project.

The books themself are no better or no worse than I expected them to be. Naturally, not the thrilling and chilling books we are lead to believe in the infomercials from the 1980's. But how many times in life are the infomercials anything BUT less than we can anticipate.

I had a grandmother who got sucked into buying half that crap you find on television. I think I may have a space pen she got me for my Birthday. I'm not sure if she actually bought that or just stole it from one of the other seniors that happened to croak at the retirement home she lived at.

But as far as rifing through these books for reference material, they do the trick.

I'm finding the volumes Night Creatures, Spells and Bindings, Tales of Terror and Ghosts to be the best out of the series. Especially Night Creatures since that will be the overall theme for my next story.

 
If you happen to pick these up, don't expect anything brilliant. For me, remember the commercials on daytime television as a kid it's interesting to actually see these books up close.
 
And they're making a pretty good resource for upcoming projects.

No comments: