Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013... no I don't think Arthur C. Clarke has written anything about this year either...

 
Well, here we are in 2013. Second or third year in a row and no apocalypse. Despite the predictions of Mayan calendars and crazy old coots who bought up billboard space to announce the end times and yet another day dawns and here we are.
 
I think if we ARE to have any types of New Years resolutions this year (apart from the usual favorites) I think the one that should be on the top of every list should be NO END OF THE WORLD PREDICTIONS IN 2013. Just stop it! You're simply not that good! Find another line of work because obviously prognostication is not your cup of tea.
 
Our New Years went by quietly this year. Syd and I spent the night with friends of ours trying desperately to stay awake till midnight. It wasn't working very well because we were all beginning to fall asleep by 10PM.
 
This may be our last late New Years. Each year trying to get to midnight seems to get more and more difficult. However, for the most part, it was a really nice way to ring in 2013. In the company of my wife and good friends.
 
I was even more surprised how many of my friends really had an awful 2012. I saw quite a few messages telling 2012 where it can go. And yes. I think a great number of my friends have every right to dislike the previous calendar year because they had gone through some really trying times in their lives. And I hope 2013 is much kinder on them.
 
I can honestly say I didn't think 2012 was that bad for me. No year is perfect, but I don't think I could honestly say I HATED it. I wouldn't take it out to drinks, but I don't feel it was that awful for me personally.
 
Nevertheless, here's hoping we all have a happier, healthier AND more productive 2013.
 

No comments: