Friday, September 6, 2013

New "Chappie" Art for stART on the Street

stART on the Street is just a week or so away. Syd and I will be busy for the next week or so creating new jewelry and art which will be available in time for the show on Sunday September 15th. 

The three illustrations above are part of my "Chappie" series of illustrations I'm working on for the show. The slightly manic looking figure wielding the Cricket bat at the bottom is based on the late actor Terry-Thomas who was known for playing comic villains in movies in the 1960's and 1970's. A number of them for Disney.

Basically he was the go-to villain if a movie needed an upperclass twit type character who was really more naughty than downright evil.

Unfortunately, I think I ended up making the character look more like Monty Python alum Terry Jones rather than Terry-Thomas.

All three will be available for purchas at stART. And we DO accept credit cards!! Hope to see you all there.

No comments: