Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Alice in Wonderland



A work in progress. Illustration on Canson 11x14 Bristol Board and inked with Deleter #4 Black Waterproof Drawing Ink. In the process of adding a light watercolor wash over the inks.
 
What can I say? I love Deleter Ink. Especially this waterproof ink which is allowing me to use a new watercolor set I bought without the illustration becoming a big smeary mess when I add the colors.
 
No mess whatsoever! It's great!! I'm so glad I started using it again. Especially #4. It's by far my favorite drawing ink to work with.
 
I've left a lot of white space in this particular piece because I wanted to leave enough room to let the light watercolor wash shine through without it becoming too obscured by my usual obsessive compulsive line work.
 
Looking at the piece, there's a part of me that wishes I went with the Ayres Houghtelling versions of Alice's dress. Which was all white as opposed to the blue dress with the little white apron thingy in the front.
 
I may do a second version of the piece with that dress. Not sure.
 
Just started adding a few reds and yellows. I will be certain to post it once it's completed.

No comments: