It's probably one of the best finds for me in Worcester since Andy Fish introduced me to the Corner Grille. After people had been telling me all about the place I decided to finally check it out in my travels yesterday. It did not disappoint in the least.
They give the option of being seated on the sidewalk. But I've always felt like the only way to really experience a new place was to sit inside and soak it in. The moment I stepped in, it brought back memories of going to Churchills in Savannah Georgia with my SCAD buddies.
I loved the atmosphere and all the people working there were very friendly from the moment I stepped through the door. The beer I had on tap was excellent. I love a good IPA and this was a great IPA. From what I have been told they brew their own beers. And the food was very good too.
I was also impressed by the fact they didn't have a television blaring in the background with some sporting event or something. So, you can actually have a conversation with someone.
I also had no trouble parking on the side of the road. Since it was a Sunday I didn't have to feed the meters. But they're located on a part of Main Street that isn't as difficult to navigate. Especially if you are heading towards the place via Highland Street.
But I had a great time yesterday nursing my beer and sketching for a couple hours. I definitely recommend you check it out. It's probably one of the best establishments I've been to in Worcester for a while.
You can click on the picture above to check out their website.
No comments:
Post a Comment