Friday, June 5, 2009

Kids these days...

I was driving to the bank this afternoon. A client had paid me the rest of the money they owed on a project (all $21 of it) and I had decided to put it in the bank. You never know when that little extra will help out with the bills.

Well, I had come up to the lights and a group of High Schoolers were crossing at the lights. It didn't matter if the lights were red or green they were too busy posturing to bother to look and make sure it was safe to cross. I was taking a right turn so I looked over to make sure they got onto the curb before I made my turn.

One of the boys in the group looks over at me and then makes this gesture like he's going to come at me. In my car. In the middle of traffic. With traffic coming in the opposite direction that could possibly nail him if they didn't see him standing in the middle of the road being a tool.

I snapped "Grow up you little f--cker" and took my turn. Yeah, I know. Real mature of me. But honestly it annoyed me!!

I can't imagine I was ever that stupid or that arrogant at that age. Sure I did some really stupid and arrogant things when I was a kid. But never threatened people in traffic. It seems like teens in particular have become even more stupid and even more arrogant than I remember.

And what's worse is these small town kids have absolutely no idea of the real world. They think they're all that and a bag of chips and act conceited. I'm sorry to inform you junior but you're a sixteen or seventeen year old nobody from a nobody town called Spencer Massachusetts. If you were thrown into the city, even a Worcester, you'd be skinned alive. You're small town white trash with no manners and no respect for anyone out there because you're too busy thinking that this world revolves around you.

I hate to tell you but it doesn't.

And the fact he's arrogant enough to do something like that. Especially in this day in age where someone could be carrying a gun, or a knife or a bat or just get out of their car and beat the crap out of you in front of your cock little friends.

It seems like that doesn't matter either. It's like they have this video game mentality. Oh, it doesn't matter if someone pulls a knife on me, I'll get another life when the game starts up again.

Sorry. As far as I know the dead stay dead.

It does make me appreciative when I do see friends of mine who are doing their best to raise their children right. And working at the Art Museum I've definitely seen some of the best kids out there. So, I'm not pointing the finger at all kids out there. But it has definitely been something I've noticed especially in small towns that they have this big fish in a small pond mentality.

Still, drop the stupid little bugger in the center of Main South at midnight and I'd like to see if he'd go at anyone the way he threatened to go at me.

No comments: