Friday, July 17, 2009

My Sherlock Holmes short list...

Here's a list of actors I think would be marvelous if I were either doing a live action or animated Sherlock Holmes movie.


RICHARD E. GRANT is still my top choice. I really think that the 2003 production of The Hound of the Baskervilles completely miscast him as Stapleton and not Sherlock Holmes.


JARVIS COCKER the lead singer for Pulp is another person. I haven't seen him act in much but I love his voice.


RALPH FIENNES was someone I think might make a good Holmes. He has the right look and voice. More along the lines of a Basil Rathbone sounding Sherlock Holmes.


DAVID BOWIE is another choice. The Thin White Duke has proven himself a very good actor as well as musician, has a really great voice...

...and knows a thing or two about addiction ;-)



RUPERT BOOTH is someone you may not have heard of but he's very well-known in the Doctor Who fan community for being part of a series of fan films which he starred as the Doctor. I've gotten a chance to chat with him a couple times online and he's a really great guy with a terrific sense of humor. And another one who has a voice that I think would fit Holmes perfectly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg is Jarvis Cocker where to play Holmes, I would die! That would be the coolest thing ever. Well, that and having Shirley Bassey sing the theme to it.