Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Session Week One is in the can!!

Week one at the Worcester Art Museum went as well as to be expected. For the most part I had a lot of really great and really talented 8 to 10 year old students in my class. Some of which for their age did phenomenal work! Great grasp of character design and took instructions very well.

I am sorely disappointed that my Cut-Out Animation Class got canceled next week. I suppose the bright side is no more 5am wake-up call for the rest of the session. The bad side is I was really looking forward to my second animation class.

I think it just came down to the name of the class. I've found when it's offered as Stop-Motion Animation or Traditional Animation the class has run. The name Cut-Out might have given the false impression that I'm making paper dolls or something childish.

So, when the class returns I may do something a bit more all encompassing with animation like my mentor Mark Lynch used to do offering not only cut-out but also drawn and claymation.

But at least one of my classes is running. Shame it wasn't THAT one.

2 comments:

Alison Undercover said...

This is a great photo of you Bret! ;-)

Bret M. Herholz said...

I know. I had a really bad rash at the time which made my skin green and my lips yellow. Thankfully I recovered before Jr. Prom ;-)