I'm not one to talk about my own Birthday a lot. Not because I hate it or go into a funk every year because I'm a year older. I just don't like to make a big fuss over them.Even growing up we never had the giant parties with a million kids, a pony ride and a ferris wheel. I suppose even as a kid I preferred small gatherings with a few friends.
The last couple of Birthdays have been really nice. This one was great because right before Syd and I went out on our Birthday/Valentines Day dinner I got a message from my niece wishing me a Happy Birthday.
Then I got two great gifts from Syd. One was a Doctor Who Bow Tie from Etsy (our favorite shop) and the other was a framed Murder By Death poster with Charles Addams artwork.
Syd and I decided to do hibachi at Jasmine's in Auburn MA for a Birthday/Valentines Day dinner this year. We had gone to Tenka's for sushi last year and hibachi looked like so much fun.
And it was!! It really was dinner and show wrapped into one. Besides the fact we had a very entertaining cook.
We met up with my cousin Jared and his fiancée Alicia met up with us. We hadn't had the chance to see them in a few months because of Jared adjusting to his night job so it was really great to meet up with them again.
I now love hibachi. Just for the gigantic burst of flame right at the beginning of the meal. Like I said, our cook was thoroughly entertaining. We were all amused by his humor and his skills with the skillet.
I ended up having the Land and Sea (sirloin and scallops) which was very tasty and Syd had the Fried Tofu. It was also the first time I had Sake spray into my mouth from a ketchup bottle. That was a first for me.
All in all it made for an excellent birthday and an excellent Valentines Day experience :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment