Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cover art for Brenda and Effie Forever!

 
Well, I can let the cat out of the bag now.
 
Here's the cover I did for one of my favorite writers Paul Magrs's latest book Brenda and Effie Forever.
 
Sadly, this book will be the final chapter in the Brenda and Effie series. But I was very pleased when Paul sent me a message asking if I wanted to do the cover for the book. Naturally I said "Yes!!" and here it is.
 
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Paul's series, I highly recommend you check it out!! It stars Brenda, the Bride of Frankenstein, who is trying desperately to live a quiet life in the seaside town of Whitby running a little bed and breakfast. But those dreams never turn out as planned as she is continually pulled into strange and otherworldly escapades with her spinster friend Effie.
 
I'll let you all know when the latest of the Brenda and Effie saga is available for purchase.
 
I should also mention there is a delightful radio adaptation of Paul's Brenda and Effie series under the title Never the Bride (the first novel in the series) on BBC Radio 4. Check it out online. It's a fun listen for those of you like me who still love old time radio:
 

No comments: